Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 31, 2003, 5:08 PM   #1
Default Kodak DX6490 - web settings?

I just bought a kodak DX6490 and it's so far a good camera. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the pictures into 640X480 resolution for posting to the web. I used IRFAN View to resize them, but the pictures look terrible! You can see some of them on ebay right now- our userID is sumofallparts..
anyway, I like this camera but the lowest resolution they offer is "good" which is 1200X1000 I believe, but I have to resize them. And when they are resized, even if I resample the pictures, they still turn out blurry and pixelated. I loved the Olympus 2100 because it came with 640X480 resolution and I didn't have to resize the pics. I dunno- I'm just not happy with the way the pictures are turning out. Camera is great, but might not be for my application...
podster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2003, 5:16 PM   #2

I use Ulead Impact 7 for some of my editing and especially for resizing. If you click on this link you can see some the resized pictures:

Click on one of the thumbnails and it will load the 640X480 picture. I purchased Ulead on ebay for $20.

I also use Photoshop but it cost alot more.

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 5:31 PM   #3
Default actually

I just took some more pictures with it, and it's not the resizing- the camera isn't focusing well! I put it in Macro, wait til the box turns red (indicating in focus) and pull the trigger. The pictures are turning out blurry on all but the most macro-type shots!
I am starting to think that I am not using macro correctly. On the olympus I could always have it in macro and it worked fine. When I take it out of macro the pictures improve slightly.
I hate change. :-)
podster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 6:53 PM   #4

Macro is only for very short distance, a couple of feet at most. Anything beyond that will be out of focus. You are not using macro for normal shooting, aren't you?

I might be mistaken but if the focusing frames are red the camera is not able to focus. My camera is a DX4330 but most likely it is very similar in operation.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote