Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:28 PM   #1
Default Newbie Advice/Settings

Hey whats up everyone ....I've been into photography ever sence I was brought pretty much . I just recently got a Olympus C-50 . Ive been trying to use diff shutter speeds at night to show long trials of light etc ..And also having alot of trouble taking a very very close up picture. The background seems to want to focus more than the object itself. Ive messed around with some settings and read the manual over a few time but no luck really. Any help would be appricaited Thanks
DevinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2003, 1:13 PM   #2

The longer shutterspeed the longer trails - at night. And the other way around.

You have to find out by making some testshots, to see how you digicam autofocus. Do that and you know how to focus. Often compactcamera have a built in focus pattern to give you the most sharp shots - the problem is, that automatic seldom is that good.
Why not take a look at my website and look under nightshots i.e.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 2:15 PM   #3

Some cameras have multiple focusing modes, but to generalize (with most Olys) focusing takes place in the centre. If your subject (that you want to focus on) isn't in the centre, centre your subject, half press and hold the shutter button down, frame your picture (move the camera to where you want the subject to appear in the picture) and then press the shutter down fully.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote