Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 2, 2003, 9:41 PM   #1
Default Having trouble printing at a Kodak kiosk

I recently went down to the local CVS pharmacy to print off about fifty pics I have had on my CF for a while. On screen, as I previewed them, they looked pretty good. When I got back the actual prints, however, those that I had cropped did not fit the 4x6 and the borders of the pictures had a dead black space. I can understand this in that I cut down what may have been a perfectly sized 4x6 image, but on the pics I shot where I held the camera vertically (tipped it on its side) the pics did not print out lengthwise and were cut off at the top and bottom.

I have a Canon G3 if that helps in anyone's answer. The guy at the film developer said he though maybe there was a setting on my camera to adjust, but I'm not sure.

czochara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2003, 6:32 AM   #2

I've never used a kiosk, but it would make sense if they allowed a choice of landscape or portrait mode. You mean to say that they can only do landscape? Those machines really ought to be improved.

bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 7:06 AM   #3

Originally Posted by bcoultry
Those machines really ought to be improved.
I agree. Specially since some (if not all) Kodak digital cameras have an orientation sensor that allows the camera to automatically rotate the image to the correct orientation. That is, if you take a picture in portrait orientation (vertical), the image will come out correctly oriented right from the camera and also appear correctly oriented in the LCD.

Czochara is most likely referring to the do-it-yourself Kodak Picture Maker thing found in many places. During a recent trip I printed some pictures at a CVS pharmacy with Kodak equipment as well but that was their photo lab, not the Picture Maker thing. All pictures came out fine regardless of orientation. At home I go to a local Walgreens that has a Fuji Frontier lab and I have not seen this problem either.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote