Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 7, 2009, 8:47 AM   #1
Default Pinch Technique???

Could someone elaborate on what Steve means when he refers to holding a small digital camera using the "pinch technique". I've come across it several times in reviews of Canon ELPHs such as the SD1100 and SD1200. It sounds like it's a one-handed technique that leaves one hand free, but I'm not quite sure where the fingers are positioned...is he pinching the camera on the sides using his left thumb and index finger os is he pinching the camera's front and back using the thumb on back and all fingers on front, etc etc? I googled this and discovered pinch techniques for fly fishing, chopping carrots, and playing a guitar...but nothing about how to accomplish it with a digital camera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danny in Yorktown, VA
Hokiewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2009, 9:38 AM   #2

From Steve's review of the Nikon CoolPix S9:

"The S9's ergonomics are somewhat difficult. This is a very small camera, and I found unless you use the "pinch" technique (using your left thumb and forefinger to pinch the left side of the camera), ..."

From Steve's review of the Casio Exilim EX- S880:

"While it is very small, I found it still fit comfortably in my hands, when using the "pinch" technique. You simply pinch the camera between your index fingers and thumbs."
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote