Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 8, 2003, 2:13 PM   #1
Default Viewing pics with Memory Stick on Sony XBR910 TVs

Anyone try viewing their pics on Memory Sticks?

I'm considering getting my first digital camera and looking at the Sony's because of this feature. Not really familiar with the formats or whether viewing pics on the TV is that great an experience. I wouldn't expect it to be as sharp as looking at pics on a computer but why not use the extra resolution and bigger screen of the 34XBR910?

The manual says it's compatible with Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick with Memory Select.

But the cameras I'm looking at, such as the Sony Cybershot P10, uses the newer Memory Stick Pro format. If stores like Best Buy didn't have a 15% restocking fee, I could just try it and see how good the pics looked or whether the Pro format worked on this TV.

Even with 3 megapixel cameras, the resolution should far exceed the capabilities of this set. Or for that matter, most computer monitors. So I wonder how it'll handle that. Maybe scrolling around?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2003, 2:36 PM   #2

You may have noticed that a few flat panel displays now are coming with media readers. Since most can offer SVGA /XGA and even digital connectivity to the display, this is a logical move because the quality of pics from your still cam will be far better than TV or Dvd ( unless HD digital) and manufacturers can't source material good enough to always do the display spec. justice.

To get the best out of a tube set, you'd have to drive the display RGB and use non interlaced scan. Average TV Colour tube res. is limited by the mask anyway. Which is why I'm waiting for 16 X 9 flat panel prices to drop to something I can afford. In the meantime I use a SVGA to RGB adaptor I plug in my laptop and TV which will give the best quality on TV, although still interlaced. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote