Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 9, 2003, 7:29 AM   #1
Default canon a80 v/s sony p8

i have heard out here that many of the canon a70's are defected n hence i wanted to no. if its the same wid the a80 . coz i live in india n out here the canon a80 is for Rs. 30000 ( which is like 670 us dollar) and im gettin the same camera for 420 dollars in dubai , its the same wid sony . therefore ill be gettin my camera from dubai . and canon showroom here wont replace the piece if its defected they say i would have to replace it from dubai itself , thats y i took the p8 as an option which orginally consisted of the canon a70 or a80 .

which one out of these is a better camera , im talkin bout build , image quality , lens wise . i have also heard that the sony digital zoom are much better than wat the other brands give and sonys digital zoom wont distort the image as the other cameras digital zoom would do ??? the price is almost the same ( the p8 is juss 60$ less than a80 ) one thin i hated bout the sony was its shutter speed which was only 1/30 in normal mode n 2 in twilight mode as compared to canon which had a 15 sec shutter spped (that is slowest shutter speed) . but i have heard that the sony is extremely fast as compared to the canon and drew my attention to the sony camera . the sony has a shot to shot time of 2 sec n the canon has of 3.5 . i have also heard that there is alot of purple fringin in the canon camera .

so which one do ya ll suggest is a better camera between these 2 .
im lookin for good built , good image quality , should be fast in takin pics one after the other in normal mode , should have a good flash range (as ill be usin it mainly for parties , clubbin etc )

this may sound borin and all that shit , but i desperately need a digicam ASAP so all ya replies are more than welcome .
a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2003, 7:48 AM   #2

My suggestion -- read my posts here, in response to someone that just returned a Sony DSC-P10. BTW, I also bought and returned a P10:

My posts also have links to users of both the Canon S400 and Konica KD-510z, along with their comments (they both prefer the Konica).

As for clubbing -- see this post from a new Minolta G500 user (same camera as the Konica KD-510z). BTW, Tom also owns a Sony DSC-F707:

My suggestion -- give the new Konica Revio KD-510z (also being marketed as the Minolta DiMAGE G500) a good look.

It's my 7th Digicam, and I've been VERY pleased with it.

It's now well under $400.00 from most U.S. vendors, and is a "steal" in my opinion -- with a great balance between physical size, user control of parameters used more often, flash strength, camera speed, and image quality.

I don't think you'll find a better "pocketable" camera, and it's image quality is good enough to rival or exceed much larger 5MP cameras.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote