Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 10, 2003, 10:52 AM   #1
Default School project for the comparison of three digital cameras.

I am a student at East Central University, Ada, OK. I am working on a school project for the comparison of digital cameras. I chose digital cameras for my consumer product report because I would like to purchase one in the near future. Would you please respond to my three interview questions concerning the Nikon Coolpix 5700, Olympus Camedia C-5050, and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717. Thank you for your time.

Interview Questions for the Nikon Coolpix 5700, Olympus Camedia C-5050, & Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717

1. Which camera offers the quickest and easiest menu navigation for the user?

2. Which camera is the easiest to use when downloading images to the computer?

3. Which camera is the most user friendly (easiest to operate) for beginners?
Kelly E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2003, 11:08 AM   #2

1. What's easy for one person is difficult for another...I've tried some cameras that are supposed to be "easier" and they cause nothing but headaches because I can't access certain features. It's the same as computers that are made to be easier that hide the advanced features...digital cameras are basically computers.

2. They all should be the same...most modern digital cameras appear on the computer as a drive...just drag the pictures from the camera's drive letter to a directory on your computer. Have to say here though that many people prefer to use external card readers instead of hooking up the camera...the card readers work the same way (appearing on your computer as another drive).

3. All three have automatic modes, but if I had to pick one (out of the three) that was easiest for beginners, I'd have to pick the Olympus...not only in terms of controls that are easy to use and intuitive, but also in terms of how it feels in your hands. Of course to me, other things are more important like the optical quality, and the focal length (zoom range, how much wide angle/zoomed out to how much telephoto/zoomed in).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2003, 11:29 AM   #3

I have owned the Nikon 5700 and the Olympus C4040 (similar to the 5050) and I agree with Mike that the Olympus may be the easiest to operate. Any of the camera will be displayed as removeable drive and you click and drag you pics into any folder you create.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote