Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 3, 2009, 4:54 PM   #1
Default Mic in for the Vixia HF100

Hi guys..

Ok, if one of you can help to resolve this problem, I will be ultra impressed and grateful! No kidding.

I have an Vixia HF100. It's great. But I am having a HELL of a time with recording in stereo.

I have a music studio. I am basically running the line out from my boards (via a stereo 1/4" female to 1/8th male adaptor) into the HF100 mic in. In other words, the left and right 1/4" outs run into a 1/4" female to 1/8th male adaptor into the HF100. I've also done the same with the left and right RCA outs.

Today, I bought a 1/8th male to double RCA female splitter and it's still tracking audio to the left channel only.

My boards have individual left and right outs (both 1/4 " and RCA). So, I'm doing a sort of reverse split, as it were.....2---> 1 into the camera. I actually have also tried the phones out of my board, which is one stereo 1/4" out. I then converted that to a 1/8" into the camera, and STILL only the left channel.

There has to be a way to run audio directly in and record in stereo. If the camera accepts an external microphone, I can't quite understand how it wouldn't accept a line input, mono or otherwise.

It WON'T record in stereo. It's driving me nuts. It's recording strictly to the left channel. I know I am missing something fundamental.

kenrubees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:14 AM   #2
Default Hf 100

I would appreciate any help too. So far my research suggests you can't record in stereo? Check this thread about using an adapter:

Thanks in advance,
PatrickC is offline   Reply With Quote