Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:45 PM   #1
Default Black and White Preview

I do mostly film based darkroom work but am trying to use digital technology to help me do it better. For example I scan my negatives and look at them on screen before working in the darkroom. I also want to use a digital camera to preview my subjects in greyscale in the field before exposing film but it seems there are few SLR options in this area. The reviews seem to ignore this capability generally. I have a Canon Digital Rebel that I use to copy my silver prints and make digital presentations of them, but on this as on other SLR's, the LCD screens are only color. Some point and shoot cameras have B&W ironically, as well as most video cameras. Essentially I want to use a digital image like a polaroid. Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to downloadable monochrome viewers, thermal printers or reasonable priced cameras that will allow this capability. Should I just get a cheap point and shoot that has a monochrome setting? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
gfergeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2003, 4:50 AM   #2

The B&W mode on consumer cameras (not just point & shoots) lack contrast...I don't know how many times more experienced photographers have complained about that. If you're talking about a studio situation, suggest you get a monitor and turn off the colour on it.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote