Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:47 AM   #1
Default Bridge camera vs ultra zoom?

What's the difference between a bridge camera and ultra zoom... and what's prosumer? I am new to the forum and relatively new to photography but surely not a novice so i've got lots of questions to ask.. hope other respected forumers/members don't find me silly. And by the way which is the best camera other than DSLR which can give me sharpest, crispiest, blur free shots. I want to take shots from the window of a moving train, birds, animals, family indoor photos/outdoor photos, landscapes... thnx
smhhasan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:44 PM   #2

An ultra zoom is a camera with greater than about 10X zoom ratio. Whether it belongs in the 'bridge camera' category really depends on other features, such as ability to manually control settings, RAW capability, ability to use off-camera or hotshoe flash, and many of the other little things that can make a camera a tool for 'real photographty' (which I'm not going to even attempt to define).

Shooting through windows (of trains or otherwise) often requires a polarizing filter to reduce or eliminate reflections. Be sure your camera can accept threaded filters. Don't expect great results doing this, as the windows are often not terribly clean, and combined with motion, will likely give you less than sharp pictures.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote