Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:06 AM   #1
Default Need help w photography terms and specs

Hi. I have a new Canon Ixus 120IS. I'm a bit disappointed with it because it's so slow in taking pictures. When I click the shutter it takes awhile and after taking the picture there is still a lag before I can take another picture.

In the future, I would like to avoid making the same mistake so my question is how do you call this spec of the camera so that when I look the description of cams or reviews I will know that it's a slow one.

My camera is basically a family camera and used more in taking pics of my baby. So, most times I need the shutter to respond quickly because the baby cannot pose for me. I'm considering a camera that is most likely not an ultra compact because I noticed that this kind of camera seem to respond more slow that a bigger one. I don't want the professional kind because I'm sure most often than not, I will be using the automatic button. But I understand that those kinds of cameras seem to be also good in low lights so maybe somewhere in between. Are they called compact cameras?

wanderintraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:10 AM   #2

Shutter lag.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote