Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:38 PM   #1
Default Camera isn't turning on?

I have an E327 HP photosmart. It was working fine just earlier, but my sister knocked it against a desk (not that hard even), and now when I go to turn it on, the green light flashes, and the HP screen will show up 1 or two times real quick, and then it just goes black/off. It won't turn on, any idea what's wrong with it? It looks like it wants to, but it just can't. I changed the batteries, and the same thing. Also took out the memory card and it's not that either.

And sorry if this is in the wrong section! I couldn't really find where to post this.
E327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:17 PM   #2

Try taking the batteries out until it looses the date (could be as much as a month or so, ask in the forum for your specific camera). That might force a reboot to default settings and is for sure will not cause any further damage.

Likely the camera is a gonner - time to do some shopping.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:18 PM   #3

Quite possibly, one or more components has a cracked solder connection from the shock. This happens quite often, and not just from shock, but from heat as well. As the unit starts to warm up from current draw, the connection opens up and causes it to shut down again. Maybe.
Maybe again, something got bent. Determine which side it was dropped on and drop it again on the opposite side. What have you got to lose?

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote