Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:01 AM   #1
Default the one that got away?

Just wondering if anyone has that really cool pic, that never got taken? Just didn't have the camera on you? or didn't have enough film or what ever?

I have one that still bugs me and it has been about 15 years. I grew up in a smallish city, moved away, and one day was coming home for thanksgiving or something. As you come in to town, you are on a hill and can kinda look over the entire town. The town has a corn processing plant that kicks out a ton of steam while making ethanol. It just happened to be one of those days where there was absolutely no wind, and there was a HUGE mushroom cloud of steam, I am talking miles tall and miles wide. it was sunset and the cloud was glowing that weird orange color, while the sky was pretty much black. The entire town had the same color and sprinkled with regular home's lights and street lights.

There were a few cars pulled over checking it out, so we did too. But we didn't have a camera on us unfortunately. If you saw the scene, and didn't know about the corn plant, you would have sworn it was a nuke. It still bugs me to this day that I didn't have a camera, and every time I go home I think about it.

tsbrewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links