Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:55 AM   #11

been there done that before ...doesnt feel good at all ...hope ya can get on your feet soon mark...take care...
kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:58 AM   #12

On the Panny folder, a few of us have this thing going to see who can come up with the worst puns. So here goes...

Oh dear, it seems my namesake has put his worst foot forward. But at least he lived to tell the tail (spelling intended) with a wicked twist.

Mark, wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

"The other Mark"
A good photo starts with a good lens.
Mark R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:06 AM   #13

You may want to have iPhone's camera checked out. I'm noticing an unusually high amount of perspective distortion in that image (where the lower part of your foot closest to the camera looks larger than it should be). I'm also seeing some odd purple artifacts. I don't see enough contrast in the image for it to be typical CA/Purple Fringing, and it doesn't appear to be exposed bright enough for a sensor blooming issue. Yet, there is a lot of purple in that image. ;-)

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully, it will heal quickly. Note that you can also find foot/ankle braces that you attach with velcro versus using a plaster cast. My wife has a couple of them she needed after a foot surgery a while back that the doctor ordered for her after removing the bandages and plaster. She stepped into a hole an managed to tear something requiring surgery.

That kind of solution may help to minimize movement and speed up the healing process. Her's looked similar to the ones I found on this page with a quick google search:

Since your doc wanted to use plaster originally, a similar brace may make a good compromise (versus not using any kind of support).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:13 AM   #14

Take care, twisted my ankle more than just a few times (including a few that included interesting ripping sounds) so can say this too shall pass. Follow the Doc's instructions and you will be up in no time!
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:40 PM   #15

Heal quickly, my friend, and regale us with stories of how you used to take pictures while balancing on crutches.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:13 PM   #16

Bad luck Mark, maybe your DSLR is too heavy for you and you should switch to a small P&S camera.

Get well soon.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:38 PM   #17

ewwww, get some flowers and a soft box

but really, i hope you feel better, and get well soon!!

pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote