Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:55 PM   #11

Thanx ;-)
I now got the white balance fixed.
So how can I adjust the the exposure in many pictures?
I tried to do the same thing as with wb but it did not work right ;-)
peterolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2010, 8:11 PM   #12

You can try the auto exposure, but it may not work too well either. I don't know of an easy way. I would try manually setting it so that some point in the overlapping area was the same as the adjacent shot. If you pick one (say the center) as your fixed frame, and then adjust the others to equal it , and go down the line each way, it may work out OK.
If you scroll down the page here, there is a forum dedicated to panoramas, and the folks who post there frequently can probably give you more complete answers.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:47 AM   #13

You could try asking this question again in the 'Panoramas and stitching' forum....

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pa...-stitching-65/ ,

which gets very few messages, but does have a few panorama experts who watch it.

For what it's worth in future panoramic shots that you take, the advice usually given is to fix the exposure manually at the same value for the whole series of panoramic shots. It might be best to do the same for white balance, but I've never found leaving it on 'auto' to be a problem.

You just have to put up with the fact that the exposure isn't going to be 'correct' for anything but the middle or average frame you chose to meter, before fixing the exposure.

If you've got your camera nicely set up on a tripod for a panorama, there'd be no harm in doing several sets of fixed exposures, bracketed about a 'middle shot of the series' meter value. You could then run each set rapidly through a fast preview in a panorama maker such as the free 'autostitch' (www.autostitch.net) (careful to spell it correctly), to see which exposure set works best, and then finish the job using whatever sophisticated stitching package you prefer.

Myself, I often just feel satisfied with the vanilla 'autostitch' result, at its best (100%) resolution.

I know this doesn't address your immediate problem, so good luck in fixing it, and please show us the result if you succeed!

Good luck,
Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote