Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 10, 2003, 12:35 PM   #11
Default Comment

If you can "buy into" the idea of 6 primary colors as opposed to the notion of just 3 as described in my earler post, then no amount of electronics would ever be able to stuff all 6 into just 3 ink contaoners. As remarkable as they are all of the "home" ink jets have there limitations. As an artist whenever I want a reproduction of any of my paintings I go to a commercial Giclee printer many of whom specialize in reproducing art work for individual artist.

I have come close to obtaining the quality of a Giclee print but never identical quality on any of my own printers. Besides color one of the reasons for this is that these printers typically do not have any white ink and simply use the white of the paper.

In commercial art the drawings and illustrations are always made with adjustments for the particular kind of media being used for reproduction. In digital photography I try different camera settings and then proof the results on the printer and then make mental notes of what I like or dislike.

I am skeptical of the Sony claims made on the link shown in the above posts....but who know?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote