Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Default Casio and 10 minute videos

Would it be possible to inform people that video recording on Digital cam devices is limited to 10 minutes? You then press record to start another 10 minute recording.

The review for the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z150 does not state this and people like me in the UK will buy, only to find this stupid limit.

A UK person
Excalibur1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2010, 7:11 AM   #2

I'm not nearly as qualified to respond to this as most other posters, but from what I can remember, the Casio cameras come with a "YouTube" video mode. This limits the clips to 10 minutes so that they can be uploaded to YouTube. This is the only difference between the YouTube mode and the regular shooting mode. You probably need to change the video mode from YouTube to the standard mode.
Picotrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:16 PM   #3

I used to record lengthy videos when I used my Sony camcorder. Then I realized we NEVER watched them. I switched to a p&s and began a practice of only making 30 to 40 second videos. Wow! Everybody wanted to see them. Try it. You'll see that the short clip with just the essentials is far more interesting to view than a long boring zoom-in/zoom-out/turn quick type of video.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote