Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:57 AM   #1
Default XP USB problems with Fuji A201

I bought a Fuji A201 some years ago - love the camera, ideal for what I want. I have a pc with XP Pro. It has 2 usb root and 2 usb host contollers. I never used these because I stuck to an inserted PCI usb card to connect. Everthing was fine until the pci card went the way of most stuff. So.. I tried all the 4 USB ports, 2 at the back of the pc and 2 in the front panel but nothing. They all work with ipod, printer etc but my camera does not register. When I plug the cable in, it comes up with DSC and the usb icon in the camera window so the camera is recognising the computer. I have uploaded the latest Fine viewer and XP drivers but still nothing. Nothing happens in device manager, nothing happens at all. It's as if the pc is totally ignoring it. I have heard there is a problem with Fuji cameras and XP. Any ideas? The only alternative is to buy another pci usb card which I can't really afford at the mo.
psycomode is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:41 AM   #2

You'll see a download link to the XP driver on the right side of this page:

If you can't get it to work, you may want to try a usb attached card reader with SmartMedia support instead.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 7:37 AM   #3

if the usb ports see the ipod then they are working, what i would do is get the drivers for your camera and reload them. look in the device manager and see if you can see the camera there. you may have a cable fault also
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote