Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:51 PM   #1
Default Facebook .. terms and conditions

Hi Guys

I was just looking through the T&C for Facebook as I was thinking of uploading a few very low res pics on the site. Now I had thought FB had changed its T&C regards images on their site so if anyone can help with clarifying the following and how it would effect any images that you as the photographer have the IP on that would be great.

"1. For content that is covered by IP rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy & application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content/your account unless your content has been shared with others, & they have not deleted it."

Now I'm assuming that those T&C's give them the rights to use only those specific files on FB - ie if their all very low res jpegs, thats all they can use without your permission.

Last edited by HarjTT; Aug 22, 2010 at 7:56 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:13 PM   #2

yup, link them over to fb instead. As most file serving sites give you the right over your photo. But I do post photos overthere at times.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:17 PM   #3

Keep posting low-res images that serve your purpose but won't serve theirs.
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote