Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Default Fixed CF pins on Canon XTi

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I sent my XTi into a shop to get the CF pins fixed. The camera wouldn't even turn on.
I called Canon and they wanted $249. After looking around I found a place in Sparks NV. called Camera Clinic. As I live in Florida, I was a bit leery to send off my camera to someone I did not know.
I called and talked to Steve (not sure if this is his site or not) and he told me the fix would be around $85. After feeling better about sending it off, I did just that.
My expectations were at the very least just get the pins fixed. Steve called after he got into it and told me there was a blown fuse because of the pins, and also some spill damage on the inside (after talking to my wife... she confirmed this heh) and told me the total price would be $110.
After giving him my CC info over the phone (still leery) he said he would ship it back to me the following morning.
Low and Behold, I received my XTi back a week after I sent it off, clean as a whistle... CF pins work like a charm, and you can tell he had cleaned the camera inside and out. Even my lens was spotless.

I just wanted to post this, because in todays world, it's hard to find someone that takes that much pride in the work they do. I am in no way affiliated with camera clinic, but you can bet your sweet rear end, if I have any more problems with my camera, I will not hesitate to send it back to them.

Here is their address:
Camera Clinic & Horizon Electronics
1220 E. Greg St. #15
Sparks, NV. 89431
skoobajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links