Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 17, 2010, 7:38 PM   #1
Default Never buy Vivitar SF-4000

Ok this is my first post! :P

A so called reputed company named Vivitar in the US is distributing OEM branded Chinese Slave Flash units which is sold on EBay for 49.99USD!
These slave flash (and normal flash) units are not made with a quality control and will not work with most Rechargeable Batteries available in Sri Lanka. Not to mention that the unit refuses the use of standard dry AA batteries.

The SF-4000 from the "Vivitar" company draws too much power and drains the 4AA batteries in less than 50 shots afterward the flash starts to miss (Due to lack of voltage).

Also the time out for the four slave modes are not present and causes the Flash to lose synchronization with the camera when a 3rd party camera flash fires a single flash in the background....

I've been unable to contact the Vivitar company in US and believe that they are branding and selling cheap flash units that are not worth more than 10USD.

Please beware of the Vivitar brand and there is a some other brand name Digital XXXX which also sells the same flash in their brand name.
Fellow photographers beware... I lost 67 USD because of this!

chirantha7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links