Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:23 AM   #1
Default forum help!

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I'd like to know to show my personal photo with every post
carlosd74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2003, 11:35 AM   #2

You need to have a picture (GIF or JPEG image no larger than 80x80 pixels / 6Kb size) already stored on the Internet somewhere - most people have some space available on their personal home page. You can also use one of the online photo sharing sites. Wherever it is, you must know the URL (Internet address) to your picture. This is the address to my picture:

Click on the "Profile" link in the upper right of our Forum pages, this will let you enter/change your personal information. At the bottom of the profile screen is the section for adding/changing your Avatar. This is what they call those little photos that we use to identify ourselves here - like mine on the left here.

Enter the URL to your photo in the space provided and it should display on the page. If it doesn't then it means that either the URL and photo info you entered is incorrect or possibly the place that you have your photo stored does not allow for third-party display of images - you'll have to find another place to store your photo.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote