Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 22, 2003, 1:08 PM   #1
Default battery problems

i was thin between the canon s400 n sony p72 , but in some review i read that the canon has a worst case runtime ( ie. wid lcd on the hole time - which i thin ill alwayz keep it on ) of juss 60 mins and even if i buy another battery it will last only for 120 mins together. i go to the himalayas once a yr and as ya no theres no real source of electricity out there so i wont be able to charge my batteries for around bout 3 - 4 dayz so can 2 batteries last me ( n i wont be able to afford a 3rd at the moment -they are worth 60 bucks man ) so i was thin too take the p72 n buy 4 - 5 pairs of rechargeable nimh batteries (15 buck for a pair) .

so wat do ya say ??? will the 2 canon batteries be able to last for 3 dayz of intensively usin my camera or should i go for the sony ???
is there alot of diff between there pic quality ???

or can ya suggest some other ultra compact camera wid good battery life ????
plz ppl help .
thanz anywayz
dd_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2003, 6:19 PM   #2

I can't help with your pick of cameras, I know little about either of them.

But I can say that you are right to worry about battery life. I doubt that two batteries would last you long enough. You could get a non Canon battery that would work with that camera.

Does that camera take a NB-5H battery? You can get those for around $25 USD made by VidPro Inc.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote