Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:10 PM   #1
Default Black Friday

Hi all,

I apologize now if this question seems silly however until I started accessing photography forums I was unaware of 'Black Friday' as I don't normally do cross border shopping from Canada.

In general, I was wondering, if places like B&H who normally do ship into Canada, host online black friday sales which are also available to Canadians? And if so, which companies/sites are there to keep an eye on??? I realize shipping costs, duty /customs (on applicable items), etc is still a factor and our retailers do host sales of their own to prevent cross border shopping during this period. BUT, given the higher cost of photography equipment in Canada when our dollar is nearly on par with the US there's still potential for tremendous savings during this sale. Unfortunately, that wknd I can't travel so I was curious about online shopping.

All tips/info are greatly appreciated.
Olympus E-PL5 45mm 1.8, 60mm macro and Panny 25mm 1.4

Canon 5D III
50mm 1.2 L l 24-70 F2.8 L l 70-200 F4 L l 40mm 2.8 l 100mmL 2.8 macro

Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:12 PM   #2

bh and adorama do some black friday deals.
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:16 PM   #3

I am in Ontario and have ordered a lens from B&H before, so here is my experience, B&H will ship to Canada, not sales tax but will charge for shipping, the least expensive shipping is about $29, and it is very fast indeed. There is no duty for digital camera and lens. The shipping company will charge you HST on behalf of government when they delivery it to your door.

Still after the shipping and HST, it is way cheaper than anywhere you can find in Canada, I really hope Canadian companies can open their eyes and see the reality...
Canon 350D + EF 50mm/1.8 + Tamron 18-200mm, DC: Panasonic ZSx(?), Canon DPP + Paint.Net + Gimp
Bayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:15 PM   #4

Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
bh and adorama do some black friday deals.
We do indeed!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote