Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 27, 2003, 12:32 PM   #11

Originally Posted by mikemyers
I visited twice last year - the photos from the first visit are posted here: http://www.forgas.org:1089/0/index/19140443844941887 I've got much better photos from my second trip, but need to reduce them in size a bit before I post them on-line.

If the batteries are in checked baggage, that's fine, but if they find loose batteries in carry-on baggage, they're likely to take them.

My next trip? Probably in the Spring of 2004.

thats good ???
wat camera did ya use to take these pics ????
aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 1:21 PM   #12

I would rather forget the rechargeables and carry several sets of lithium batteries.

During a recent one-week trip I took around 480 pictures in all kinds of conditions. A single set of lithium AA batteries lasted for a good 400 pictures of that trip - it wasn't until the last day before returning home that I had to pop in the rechargeables. These lithium batteries, although a bit expensive, were well worth the hassle they saved me during that trip.

I suggest you spend some money on several sets of lithium batteries, specially if you will have a hard time recharging batteries.

[Edit] I should add that my rechargeable batteries let me shoot between 80 and 100 pictures if fully charged.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 1:56 PM   #13

Actually, I had no problem whatever in charging the batteries - the only problem I had, was when the Army officers decided that I couldn't carry the batteries onto the plane with me in my camera bag.

The images posted above were all taken with a Canon S330. On the next trip I took the Canon again, along with my Olympus e-10. The pictures from the Olympus were much better - I need to get them posted soon. I'd already have done it, but most of them are so "big" that they'll take up too much disk space.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote