Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:28 AM   #1
Default Death of the P&S??

was up skiing yesterday and couldn't lug my DSLR around the slopes with me so was distraut when i saw beautiful views and scenes - not to denied compeltely i got my iphone 4 out and took some snaps and DAMN its a pretty good camera with an impressive dynamic range

so with camera phones getting this good in such small packages that you nearly universally have with you at all times anyway, will point and shooter cameras survive?

unless i want a waterproof camera, i see no reason to use anything but my iphone or dslr, the convience of having it all together is just to handy and to add to it the flash from the iphone's led flash doubles as a torch with the right app installed fantastic never without a torch either!!!

anyway here some pictures i took yesterday with my iphone

Pentax-DA 12-24mm f4 | Pentax-DA* 16-50mm f2.8 | Pentax-A 50mm f1.4 | Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro | Pentax-DA* 60-250mm f4 | Sigma 150-500mm
Pentax Photo Gallery
John.Pattullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2010, 3:47 AM   #2

certainly, the times are changing. again. as they like to do. with facebook now emphasizing photos and smartphones in young hands, i'd expect the low end p&s market to dwindle. high end dslr will increase as it has been.

another change happening is boomers are retiring and with more time and disposable income on their hands, they'll be looking for hobbies. manufacturers will have to be nimble to catch the wants and desires of new purchasers. the next few years should bring out cameras with all kinds of new features. hope is that the still capability won't be compromised for the sake of novelty.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote