Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 27, 2003, 8:32 PM   #1
Default which cameras can be controlled on the computer

I am looking for a 4,5+ megapixel camera that can be connected to the computer for complete control(so that they can be saved immediately while I can continue to take pictures and view the preview on the computer screen). Can you guys list which cameras can do this and which one you would recommend?
musahsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:44 AM   #2

The Canon EOS 10D does. But its $1500.oo But really its just the software that does it while its connected. Im not sure if there is any other cameras that do it. But I have no reason for it so I never look.
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 11:22 AM   #3

Canon provides software with many of their cameras that let you do what you're talking about ("Remote Capture"). Breeze Systems also sells a more feature rich product that does the same thing. Both applications require the camera to be tethered to a computer with a USB cable.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 2:17 PM   #4

The Nikon D-100 has this option with the software called Nikon capture I use it alot on location shoots. By-passes the card goes right to your computer, you can even trip the shutter from the keyboard It works well. I also have the Nikon D2h and it has a wireless WT-1A transmitter with a range of 100 feet standard or 500 feet with optional antena. Unfortunatly the D2h came in ,but I am still waiting for the transmitter to come in. And the price on the D2H is about $4000 with the transmitter. The software comes with both cameras in a bundle. hope this helps
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote