Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 28, 2003, 5:52 AM   #1
Default Need Decision Making Help

Hey guys, well I am finally getting my first digital camera and I just am so undecided on what to get, although i have my eye on one.

First of all I got the Olympus Camedia D560 for christmas, and it's a nice camera and all, but I've always wanted the Olympus Stylus 300, are these cameras pretty identical? They seem to be, except that the stylus is a little smaller, and is weather proof.

And so I'd get the Stylus 300 right away except for this AF Illuminator feature that I think I would like, but know the Stylus does not have. I mean I know that it is just this light that shoots out a beam to help the camera focus in low light situations, but does this mean that the camera can focus better in low light situations compared to other cameras? I'm assuming the beam is pretty weak and can only go a short distance in the first place. Does that mean that those without this feature cannot take pics at night without the flash?

I guess it is a feature that I would like, but then I've noticed that the majority of cameras do not have this feature but for a select few. So anyway, my dilemna is whether or not I should get a camera with this feature. It seems like if it was so useful and if it helped cameras focus why don't they all incorparate this feature?

Please help, and any suggestions to whether i should get the Stylus 300. My price range is 300, and I would like atleast 3X Optical Zoom and 10x combined with digital, 3 megapixels. And I just want great, sharp, excellent photos, just like everyone for that price range. Am I in the right direction with the Stylus 300?

Gizmofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links