Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 30, 2003, 5:22 PM   #1
Default Newbie ?'s with a F717

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums. I purchased a F717 two weeks ago on some rebates. I have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

- The battery/MS door on the side seems kind of flimsy. Whenever I hold the camera I feel it depress into the camera. Not much but a very small amount. Is there something wrong with it? I don't think it is to much of a problem. But if it means I have a lemon, then I want to get it in soon.

- I'm worried about whenever I mount the camera on the tripod that I'm putting to much of my hand weight on the edge of the camera that hangs off of the tripod. I really like the fact that the lens is mounted and the body is free to move but I'm worried about that its going to weaken the rotating connection between the lens and the body. Any suggestions? I guess one could be: be careful and don't rest your hand on it.

- I'm traveling out of the country in March to Honduras. I would like to take my camera with me but the condensation is worrying me too. What's the best way to travel with the F717 and what is the temperature range for the condesation problem. Right now its approx. 45 degrees outside and in March it will be 50 or so and the temperatures in Honduras are going to be about 90 and very humind. Should I risk taking my camera with me?

- Also, its snowing outside at the moment and I'd like to get a few pictures. Is there a rain cover made for the F717? If there isn't I've heard you can use a Ziploc bag. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read this over and also thanks for the help.
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Default Take a Fuji or Kodak one time use camera!!

Take it from an old time military photographer....never take an electronic camera in to the "jungle".... In Vietnam...you were lucky if a Nikon or your lenses lasted a month....fungus grows between the lenses and all electrical componets short....taking mirrors frost.
Take a water proof disposable camera...you'll probably take better pictures anyway! :shock:
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote