Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:50 AM   #1
Default want laptop bag information !!

do you have heard about this new ************.....a new laptop bag ??? how is it .... it is coming on [removed by moderator]......can anybody tell me about that.....i am hearing good reviews from various sources guys......help me out !!!
vishalkhandelwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:56 AM   #2

Without having seen it, heard anything about it, or caring, one thing I can say is that it smells a lot like spam.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:14 AM   #3

"If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...it's a duck"

Member now banned, with all links to the manufacturer being promoted filtered by our forums software, no matter the member posts the info (so that any attempts to join under a different member name and post links to that company will still result in the text being replaced by ******).

In other words, if you post spam here, you can expect to do more harm than good (since not even a satisfied customer can post info here about that company anymore).
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:29 AM   #4

BTW, there is little doubt that the above post was from one of the SEO or Marketing firms hired by companies to help promote them, as we get a lot of similar spam from the same region that post came from).

Sometimes, I'll send a friendly note to a [reputable] company when I see them being promoted like that in forums, so that they'll realize the tactics being used by the firms they hire, and sometimes they're quite surprised and terminate their relationship with the firm they hired to promote them, not realizing they're hiring overseas posters (sometimes using spambot type software behind proxy servers) to promote them in forums like this one.

But, if the products are unrelated to photography, I don't waste my time contacting the company being promoted, I just filter the company and/or product names being promoted in our forums software instead, so that the spam posted here does them no good. They'll have to figure out what tactics are being used by the marketing firms they hire by themselves. ;-)
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote