Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 11, 2011, 9:07 AM   #31

Thinking about this thread gave me the idea that one day a manufacture will take the sensor used in a D-SLR camera and put it into a bridge camera body with a 24x - 30x focal range lens built in (i.e. the Fuji HS20 but with a full size sensor and quality o D-SLR and the fps speed with a long burst possible you get with a D-SLR. Say 3, 5 or 7fps with 120frames before buffer fills)

Also maybe just a fantasy but they will figure out how to get the weight of a 2.8 lens down for both bridge and D-SLRs and the Fuji HS40 say in 2013 will have a 30x 2.8 - 4 lens so we get better low light properties at max zoom and then this will slowly carry over to other bridge cameras.

My dream camera is something like the Sony A700 or its replacement with a 30x zoom built in, same larger sensor....... 3 or 5 fps for 120 shots/frames or more, built in pop up flash, hot shoe and a High ISO, low noise EXR mode stolen from the Fuji HS20........... 12MP would be a good median for output (although some may argue 16MP so you have more pixels to crop into). Oh and under $800........

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 9:45 AM   #32

If they are successful, it will be the first time of many over the past 80 years or so. Now to decide between it and a Ferrari.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote