Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:08 AM   #1
Default recommendations for a digital lab

I was wondering if anyone can recommend some digital labs they have used in the Chicago area. I am interested in both consumer and pro level labs. I have tried Walgreens (aaaak... terrible results!) and Costco (beautiful results!), but am also intersted in any other recommendations. Thanks!
Jes&Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:10 AM   #2

My sister uses Walmart and likes the results.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 1:32 PM   #3

Almost every Walmart and Costco use the Fuji Frontier printer. Most people love them, althought I knew a few who don't find their contrast that good, and found they did a slight color shift (but he didn't have a profile, so this last part is kinda expected.)

If you really care about quality and are willing to dive into the deep end of color management, you can get color profiles for many frontier printers around the country for free. Checkout:

But make sure your OS or software support ICC Profiles. PhotoShop has for awhile. I don't believe PS Elements does (in any version.)

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 1:37 PM   #4

Eric - thanks for that link. They have a profile for the Costco store where I've had pictures printed with very good results. The color already seems to be very close to what I see on my monitor, but at another Costco store, the color was shifted toward red.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote