Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:22 AM   #1
Default Camera shots uploadable using phone?

Has anyone tried uploading pics from a camera's sd card by slotting that card into a mobile phone? (ie using a micro SD in the camera). Can this be done or is there (quite possibly!) some obvious reason why not?

I have an aging E71 phone from which I sometimes upload pics either directly or by attachment to Facebook etc.
However the camera on this phone is notoriously bad.
I have a separate Panasonic DMC-ZS5 digital camera and often wish I could upload pics from this instead, when I don't have a computer handy.

The E71 has a micro-SD slot. If I use a micro-SD with a fullsize SD adapter in the Panny, then slot the micro card from this into my phone, should I be able to directly pics from the camera? Or are there formatting and other issues? Anyone tried this?

thanks for any assistance

Last edited by billpann; Jun 7, 2011 at 8:24 AM. Reason: unwanted links
billpann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:31 PM   #2

In answer to my own question (!) I ordered a Kingston micro SD adapter with micro SD 8gb card included and took some shots with my Panasonic. Removing the micro card and slotting it into my Nokia phone, it recognised the pics and uploaded them to Facebook. However I only managed it easily with the 0.3m "web" image size setting, whereas 3m took about three-four minutes. I wouldn't want to try it with Panny's standard 12m image. Still, a possible way of bypassing a limited phone cam if you need to put something up immediately.
Btw the Panasonic refused to recognise the micro card supplied initially with the phone.
billpann is offline   Reply With Quote