Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 14, 2004, 3:46 PM   #11

I put a i960 on my desk last week and am quite pleased with the results of the prints. Time will tell regarding ink usage, print longevity, etc.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 9:47 AM   #12

Just out of curiosity (well - not really curiosity - I'm trying to make a decision for a new printer) - what prompted you to chose the i960 over the epson r300? Image quality, some feature, etc.?
I'm still torn between the two.....
Anyone that recently bought the i960 - please chime in.
Thanks in advance.
csd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 11:37 AM   #13

I have reed many reviews on the i960 they where good. Saves ink, money, quailty photos. Friend has one boy I loved the quailty of the photos. Canon has good support. Bought for $179.00 no tax and free shipping.
The R-300 from reading reviews does use up ink faster than the i960. Good printer though. The price is fair. Don't get me wrong this is a good printer too. Just uses ink up to fast for me. I been happy with Canon products. Good luck.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 6:27 PM   #14

Whichever printer you choose... look on the manufacturer's Web site for a refurbished printer. I have bought two Epson refurbs with great results (Epson 850 and 1270).

The biggest issue (right after picture quality) is the cost of ink. I have stuck with Epsons because of third party ink availability. A lot of folks don't like ink provided by anybody but the manufacturer. I've had great results doing it this way. I print a lot. Maybe I've just been lucky so far. I give away most of my prints, but so far, the results look wonderful.

I'll admit that my 1270 clogs if I don't print for a week, but a cleaning cycle always fixes the problem. Doesn't matter whether I use Espson's $35 cartridges or generic $8 ones.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2004, 9:18 PM   #15

I just bought a Canon S9000 for $229.00. This printer coupled with my Sony f828 makes GORGEOUS 13" X 19" Prints, and it prints them very fast too!!
Harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2004, 8:31 AM   #16

Are those inks on the 9600 waterproof?
milleniumdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:13 AM   #17

Regardless of printer chosen, if you do the following your photos will outlast you!

1. Print on acidfree paper (most photo paper is acidfree).

2. Put photo (if 8.5 x 11 or smaller) in an archive quality, PVC-free sleeve. (If larger, you can seal the photo at most copy centers).

3. Keep photos out of direct sunlight.

I have dig photos taken four years that have remained true.

Two cents
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote