Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 21, 2011, 4:33 PM   #1
Default City of Calgary Mural

I just bought a condo. I have a wall that I'd like to hang a mural on. I'd like the mural to be around 6 or 7 feet long and 3 or 4 feet wide. I'm not sure what a normal size would be for this type of picture. I will be going up 50 feet in a bucket truck at a high point on the east side of Calgary. I'd like to take a picture in the morning to the west (with the sun behind me) with the downtown core near the center of the picture, with quite a bit of the city surrounding the core and with the snow covered mountain peaks behind them. I will aim for a day with mostly blue skies, maybe some white puffy's up high but not covering the mountains at all. I will have to wait for a very clear day.

The big problem, I have no photography experience whatsoever. My friend has a canon 12mp SLR camera he said he'd lend me. I could try that and see what happens. I suppose the other option would be to hire someone to come out and do it with me, but I imagine that would be fairly costly.

So with all that said, is this possible? I could also rent a 18mp camera and try that too.
Heffty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links