Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Default Don't Shit on Your Doorstep

orůspontaneous combustion in the fashion industry

The Fashion Industry, perhaps more than most is filled with incredibly insecure ego starved individuals vying for acknowledgement that most did not receive when going throughout their formidable years.
I guess, I would include myself in that group.

However, as I have gotten older and wiser, I have attained a certain level of enlightenment in this area and can say with complete conviction, that shitting on your doorstep may give you some short term relief, but it is certainly not the way to go in the long run. So the next time someone in this industry happens to do or say something that rubs you the wrong way, just remember that that asshole even though lacking any semblance of creativity, reeking of abject ignorance and probably got to where they did for all of what you consider the wrong reasons, just take a deep breath, smile to your self and think, oh well they will probably get buried by some other total asshole of a similar ilk in exactly the same way most do in this business. Now how would that be you ask? By betrayal, subversion and opportunistic Machiavellian maneuvering.

Talent? There are a few who have some, but in most cases those that do only get recognized for it postmortem. Oh, did I just express what one might call a faux pas? Oh well...Shit Happens.

Luv Yah
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2

1. The expression is: "Don't shit where you eat."
  2. Another expression that's all too often applicable, is: "Donĺt argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:06 PM   #3
Default Don't Shit on Your Doorstep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Don't Shit on Your Doorstep ...................
Sage advice

FDLeyda is offline   Reply With Quote