Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Default Unable to view photos on card

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could answer the following. I have been taking photos with my Canon Rebel T3i and I always view the photos taken on playback. Yesterday, I wanted to view 2 particular photos on the camera and it said "Cannot playback image" but I could see the other 300 and some photos. What gives????

jpld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:25 PM   #2

I suspect that you've got a corrupted FAT, and would make sure to reformat the card the next time you use it, and I'd do that using the camera's menu choice for format (versus a PC). Personally, I always reformat a card again using a camera's menu choice for format card prior to every reuse, no exceptions. That way, I always start out with a fresh FAT (File Allocation Table), just the way the camera expects it, since it's performing the format.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:23 PM   #3

You are taking a risk leaving that many photos on a memory card without uploading them to your computer for backup and storage.
How large is the card, and what does your camera show for available # of pictures? You may be running out of space on the card and overwriting what is already there.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:24 AM   #4

Hi i would format the card once you have down loaded the pics. I always format rather Than erase
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote