Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 16, 2004, 7:52 PM   #1
Default beginner seeking help!

I buying a digital camera for the first time. I am having major trouble narrowing down my options. First off I really don't want to spend more than $450. I am looking for a camera that has a telefoto lense and will take clear pictures in low light situations. Basically the two things that I will be using it for are taking pictures of family and friends, these will mostly be to print out, and taking pictures of a friends band to post on web sites, these will most likely be taken in low light from a moderate distance. Picture quality is really important to me. I was looking at the HP PS850 and the Olympus c750uz. If anyone can give me any suggestions or advice on a camera that might fit my needs I would really appreciate it. Thanks
mclaugcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2004, 8:25 PM   #2

welcome to steve's digicams forum. I am new here also.Before someone jumps on your case due to alot of people posted "which should I buy?" questions take a look at this forum..think someone else posted thread down lower about finding a camera for live band shots.

People here say make sure you hold both cameras and make sure you like them.....do your research, compare both models....etc

Good Luck

some of the guys around here really know there stuff.

JimC has been a great help to me
Vermont is offline   Reply With Quote