Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 18, 2004, 11:00 PM   #1
Default Here's what I want..so which camera & printer should I b

Thank you in advance to any replies to this post. I'm eager to buy a camera and printer in the next week.
I'm looking for a tiny, take everywhere camera. I want 4 megapixels. I want to be able to take amazing indoor pictures of architecture models. But I also want to be able to take great scenery and people photos too. I want indoor shots of people to be warm and not that flat bright from flash. I also would love to take the picture immediately rather than the lag time I've encountered with some cameras.

As for the printer...

I want the best for the buck. What inexpensive (less than 300) printer can I have to print out photos I could frame and give as gifts. Ideally, this printer would be inexpensive to keep stocked with inks...
I ask a lot, don't I?

Thanks for all input. I have to photograph and print out a portfolio for a show very very soon. So any input would be much appreciated.

Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:58 PM   #2

Lena, as for a printer, I use a Canon i950 and print and frame many of my shots. This Christmas many friends and family received frames portraits. However, I'm not away of any good photo printers which come with cheap inks. It cost $50 to totally restock my 6 ink cartridges. 4x6 prints cost me about 26 cents, and 11 x 8 photographs approx $1.

I use a Canon G2 camera and have absolutely no problems with it. I take everything from macro to landscape, indoor and outdoor shots.

The newer G3 and G5 are more expensive, but I am sure the G2 price must have lowered considerably.
JanetKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2004, 6:50 PM   #3

I use a small Fuji F601 for parties and just in case pocket camera, it goes up to iso 800. This camera is now replaced by the Fuji F610, same extensive camera control (but also plain point and shoot) with 6 mPixels instead of 3. Probably the F610 also supports flash under/over exposure, meanig one can control the flash strength
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote