Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 22, 2004, 12:26 AM   #1
Default sd100 or dimage xt?

I'm currently using the dimage xt,but the quality is not really that good. I want to know if I should sell the xt and add about $ 50 to get the sd100?

The problems I have with the xt are 1) weak flash 2) underexposed
chun8143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2004, 3:09 AM   #2

hi Chun, why don't you compare some pictures from SD to those from Xt? I actually did and didn't spot much difference, of course SD100 did better job on nightshots(have manual shtter speed and white balance), provide histogram, and have less barrel distortion, I believe that it's suffer more from aberration than Xt check this out. Xt also has lens covered inside the body so it's harder to damage them IMHO(for me it's important thing), also it has 3x zoom comparing to 2x from, also I'm not sure but I think that Xt is a bit faster(but you better check this as my mind could fail me). I'm owner of X20 and pretty happy with it especially for price I've got it, although I wish to upgrade to Dimage F series since wish to have more manual controls. As for your question I think that noone but you can answer it, compare pictures from SD and Xt and see which one you likes most here are some links where you can find sample pictures:

hope this would help a bit.
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote