Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:07 PM   #1

Default Enter Steve's Digicams Professional Photographer Computer System Giveaway!

EDIT: Congrats to Loren W. (lorenww) for winning our giveaway!

Hi all,

To celebrate the new year and the pure insanity that is CES, we've got one heck of a giveaway for all those loyal Steve's Digicams fans out there. With the help of our partners Intel and The 3D Shop, we are very excited to give away 1 amazing computer system that is sure to kick start the career of any budding professional photographer!

Housed inside a custom red Lian Li case, the system utilizes a Intel Core i7-2600K processor, Intel DZ68BC motherboard, 16GB of RAM, two WD Caviar Black 2TB hard drives, an Intel SSD and an ASUS GeForce GTX 570 video card! Running on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, the system comes preloaded with Cyberlink Power Director, Photo Director and Media Espresso as well as trial versions of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. We have been testing the giveaway system for the past few weeks and will be posting a full review after CES 2012.

Official Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K
Motherboard: Intel DZ68BC
Memory: 16GB DDR3-1333 Kingston Value Ram
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 570 DirectCU II
Storage: Intel 311 20GB SSD Drive for SSD Caching, 2 x 2TB WD Caviar Black 7200RPM Hard Drives
Optical: 16X LG DVD-ROM Drive w/ Lightscribe
Power Supply: 1000W Cooler Master
Chassis: Lian Li, Red
Cooling: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 water cooler
Multimedia: Vantec 3.5-inch All-in-One Reader
Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless 2000
Mouse: Microsoft ARC Mouse

Required method of entry:

Post a single reply in this forum thread. We would love to hear what you would be using the new computer for and how it will change the way you manage / edit your photos.

Extra Entries: (after you leave a post in this thread)

If you'd like to earn extra entries into the giveaway, you can earn two extra entries by:

Giveaway / Prize Details:

One lucky winner will receive the GraVT computer system which includes the computer tower, Microsoft keyboard and Microsoft mouse. (No monitor included.) MSRP for the prize package is $2700. The giveaway runs from Sunday, January 8, 2012 to Monday January 23, 2012. The winner will be notified / announced on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 and must respond within 72 hours of notification. The prize will be shipped within a week of notification. For the complete official rules, see the giveaway page here: LINK

Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Congrats to Loren W. (lorenww) for winning our giveaway!

Last edited by Mike-Flacy; Jan 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM.
Mike-Flacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:48 PM   #2

I'd use this beast to replace my aging Dell. Having the SSD alone will mean a huge speed leap. The Core i7-2600K will crank through any Photoshop filter & render HD video in a flash. And the 2TB drives (I'd mirror them) mean reliable photo storage.

Thanks for the chance!
rhyno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:51 PM   #3

Would have ignored this, but since it already has VT in big letters----
I certainly could use a replacement for my old Dell with P4 processor and whopping 1GB ram.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:53 PM   #4

A pretty nice system
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:58 PM   #5

I want one.

Jud
eJud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-Flacy View Post
To celebrate the new year and the pure insanity that is CES, we've got one heck of a giveaway for all those loyal Steve's Digicams fans out there....
...and the announcement date is close enough to my birthday that if you ship it quickly, it could arrive on time... just sayin'...

Jud
eJud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:15 PM   #7

Wow i would love to have a new computer .. it has been over 3 yrs now since i have updated and i always got my hubbys hand me downs .. allthough they work good for what im doing .. nothing beats getting a new one ..
I have a Olympus E-1 that i love taking pics with and working in Raw ..

Thanks
Marion C
Oregon
Marn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:40 PM   #8

Default great computer

This computer would totally help me start up a new photography company me and my friend are working out. The speed and amazing capability would truly be an asset to our new company.
jsherm25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:19 AM   #9

Default a working computer

Would love to win this. I actually stopped having a working computer maybe June of last year, and I've been using my android phone for everything since then. I'm just learning how to use a dslr though and I admit I'm pretty hooked. Even if I don't win, I'm definitely going to I'm planning to get lightroom, and of course a new hdd eventually.
inkblotreject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:21 AM   #10

Default Awesome Prize

Would love to win this computer! I've tweeted, followed, liked, and reshared.

jodee is offline   Reply With Quote