Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 29, 2004, 8:37 PM   #1
Default newbiethings to consider/buy for First Purchase ofa DiMAGEXt

I haven't bought a Digital Camera before
so am quite new to this, I've used one of the first Sony Mavica's a few times and tried to research alot so this shouldn't come out to stupid

I'm buying a Minolta DiMAGE Xt $250
an Extra Battery $30
and a Panasonic 256MB SD card for $80

from what I've seen and read the price is okay/good and what I'm getting and will be really all I need to take and store enuff photos for general useage

is their anything I'm missing?
I was thinking about buying a Camera case at the same time of Purchase, but I think I'll do that after I've used and have gotten used to the Camera to see what I will accutally need, probably just a tiny velvet slip case I can put the camera in one pocket with and put the spare battery in my other pocket next to my wallet

I'm going to use the Camera for shots of Friends, Family and random things that intrest me so I'll be carrying it most days where ever I go, I'll also be useing it for help in my Design work which I do for fun now so I don't really need huge images/ 3.2 MP are just fine for now I think

if their is anything else You think I would need, things I shuld know about the Xt, or perhaps suggest a Differn't Camera I'd be interested in Your Opnion

one more thing, about the Xt the camera has been out for awhile and I was wondering if a new Model would be due in the X series by now (other than the Biz and the X20)

Lord_of_Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links