Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 31, 2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Default best place to print online

I tried doing a search here but found very little info about printing digital pictures at online sites. I have about 400 pictures on my HDD that I need to print out and I'm looking for a quality, cheap place online. I assume that, like everything else, it is cheaper to go online. Even If it is cheaper to do it offlie, I really don't want to go through the effort of burning 400 pictures to who knows how many CD's. I have looked at yorkphoto.com and photoworks, but I wonder if there are any other ones I should consider. Thanks for the assistance.
destarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2004, 10:56 AM   #2

I have been happy with Walmart, they do not do any correction to the image, but the prices are good.
Jim1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:08 AM   #3

Check out http://www.photoaccess.com

Their print quality is superb, and they also offer "Digital Size Prints" with no cropping (you'll see this option when you order prints).

They also have a nice software package called "photostreamer" that lets you create albums locally, specifying rights (who can view photos, order prints, etc.). Then the software can automatically upload an entire album to the site, and e-mail you the "shared album link" to the photos.

They also offer free, unlimited storage for your photo albums.

Here is one of my albums there, with sample photos from my newest camera:

I like to use them for posting photos from birthday parties, family gatherings, etc. That way, users without printers can order "Digital Size" prints with no cropping. For users that do have photo printers, I post the same photos on pbase.com (so they can download and print the originals themselves).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 11:23 AM   #4

If you are looking for an inexpensive place, you can also check out http://togophoto.com/. Its $0.18 per 4x6 print, $0.29 per 5 x 7 with flat rate $1.99 shipping. Its a no frills service, glossy only, no matte finish. I tried them and found the print quality to be as good as others I've tried.
sjm817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 2:54 PM   #5

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote