Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:35 AM   #11

Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'don-ya mate

Well done - good solution overall > and from those of us who already know the fabulous convenience & photographic benefits from a superzoom ... why wait till next year ???

Regards, Phil
Phil, it is simply a budgetary matter. Since the first of the year, I traded my A200 for a A580. Bought a new Tamron 17-50 2.8, a used Tamron 17-250, a new Sony Flash, a new Kata bag and a Slik tripod. In addition a number of other accessories including memory cards, remote release, the aforementioned sensor kit and Lightroom.
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2012, 4:15 PM   #12

G'day outhouse

My apols mate - my Q was more of a rhetorical one than expecting you to answer in detail ... maybe I should have used a funny-face-icon

I am well aware of 'budgetary' constraints as I am retired on my not-very-large superannuation pension which keeps me from starving, but as a famous aussie prime minister of 25yrs ago stated regarding old-age pensions ... "pensioners have the right to live in frugal comfort" ... and so do I > so any purchase over $300 needs care; any purchase over $800 needs a very long & hard review of priorities

Regards, humble-phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:57 PM   #13

Phil, both you and Tcav are always very helpful in your replies. I check into this site at least twice a day. I learn from my own done questions as well as thoughtful ones of others. As you say G'day Mate!
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote