Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 2, 2004, 9:50 AM   #1
Default can somebody help?

i am about to buy my new digital, but i have 2 models in mind
the olympous c 750(i like the 10x zoom)
and the sony f717(i like the abilities , battary power, night shot)
please help me to choose...
belucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2004, 8:59 AM   #2

First, let me say that, I don't have either of these cameras but personally, I like the Sony better. I think the 5X zoom is sufficent for most uses and I too like some of the features like the swiveling lens on the Sony.

mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 12:33 PM   #3

The Olympus C750 has many fine features that produce very good photos. I believe that the Sony will produce better pictures.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 2:45 PM   #4

Of the two I would probably go with the Oly 750. It is well less than half the weight and much less bulky. You could fit the Oly in a small fanny pack and carry it much more often. The wonderful camera you have at home isnít going to get photos as well as the camera you have with you Ė the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun.

The 717 is a better camera IMO, but in practical terms you wonít see much difference. Night focus is better and the lens is faster so you could take some shots you would need a tripod for with the Oly. But in good light the 10X zoom on the Oly is nice. The 717 has one of the sharpest lenses you can buy.

As far as batteries, the Oly comes with a charger and NiMH batteries. Spares are cheap so you can have one set fully charged all the time.

The Oly remote is also handy. You donít have to use the self-timer for tripod shots. You can page through all of your pictures from the couch showing the pictures on a TV. And it is great for including yourself in pictures rather than freezing a smile waiting for the self-timer.

They both have overpriced memory that isnít likely to be used in anything other than Sony or Fuji and Oly cameras.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2004, 2:36 PM   #5

i finally chose the oly today.i havent tried it yet(charging battaries), but i think its a good choise for me.

belucky is offline   Reply With Quote