Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 6, 2004, 8:34 PM   #1
Default Minolta DiMAGE F200

Hi there. I am still on my trek in finding THAT camera. SO far...the Canon S400 has stuck with me. Many others were there in the beginning (for eg. Dimage Xt, Casio, Fuji, SD10, SD100, Nikon etc etc!). But after reading many reviews and narrowing my wants and expectations...the S400 and probably the Pentax 555 (yeah like I got money) are the closest to my likings and probably pocket (if I put a bit more effort).

Well, I have come across the Minolta DiMAGE F200. I read like an overview that was "all praising". It seems like a FINE camera with nice features. But why am I not able to find a Review? Is it only based in Japan? Cause the only authentic Konica-Minolta site that has flash and so for it has a JAPAN label on the website. I don't see it in Steve's Reviews either. Anyone with experience or know where I can get a full review of this seemingly great 4 MP Camera?
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2004, 11:33 PM   #2

I don’t think it is a US model. Where there are dozens of retailers listed selling the F300 I see only Overstock.com selling the F200, and that is refurbished. It is also evidently a newer model than the F300. It is selling in Europe for sure. I take it they are selling it in Jamaica or you wouldn’t be asking about it, but they don’t seem too available here.

Have you also looked into the Minolta G500? I think it sells under the Konica name outside the US – 410 I think. Nice little camera for the price.

I have several cameras for different purposes but get the most pictures from my least competent camera because I carry it everywhere with me. I have the Oly C50 as a pocket camera but would have preferred the Pentax 550/555 instead had it been available at the time I bought it. If I could have only one camera it would probably be a Pentax 555 even though there are compromises in a small camera. The thing I like least about the C50 is the limited zoom range, which the Pentax would make up for a little with 5X in the same sized camera. I think the F200 is a little larger and heavier than the Pentax 555.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2004, 9:15 AM   #3
Default Well

It is not available in Jamaica. I will buy a cam online. That is where I saw it.
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2004, 1:38 PM   #4
Default Re: Well

it seems that you have same problem as I do, I've found quite a bit photos on the web done on F200 model and I believe it's better choice than F300 since they re-work controls on the camera, also it has lower noise than older models because it using CCD of the same size as F300. Although I couldn't find it in Ukraine... in one shop where I manage to find it I got the price 530 USD or so... that's why I order it through Ebay... it's brand new and was imported from USA... I've paid only 250USD(including shipping) so I advice you to to check Ebay as well, maybe you'll find a deal for you too.
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote