Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 11, 2004, 11:06 AM   #21

Looking through a back issue of Digital PhotoPro, I came across an article about settings for ppi and printing. It covered something similar to what's been covered above, but there was this one thing about "more" not necessarily being better. Image resolutions of 400 and above will, in most cases, make the image quality of the print decline, making details look soft. The article explains that "this is because the printer driver isn't designed to handle this resolution, so it throws out data--and not necessarily the useless data."
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 3:38 PM   #22

Wow. A thanks to all! It's beginning to register...with a little more time thinking, I'm expecting to hear a 'click' :lol:

I will print this out, check out the site and read it while all is in bed. I appreciate the responses.

It's amazing how the mind works. Sometimes I can gather an understanding of something difficult, quickly and other times, something that seems that it should be so easy to figure out...turns out to be a mind bender. lol

Barbara, thank you for the warning!
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2004, 5:55 PM   #23

Try this Web page. Vincent has some of the best printer reviews on the Web. I chose the HP because of the true Black and White.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote