Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 15, 2004, 6:43 AM   #31

PKchopper-- Out of curiosity, am I always logged in? The reason I ask is because I have an automatic login and never, ever think about it, simply clicking off the window when I'm done. I thought this was all done using cookies which are detected by the site.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2004, 11:37 PM   #32

No, you are not always logged in.
Yes, your automagick login is done by a cookie on your machine.

Not sure about this forum site but a lot assign you a short lived token as you login and it expires on its own after some period inactivity.

I guess I just keep dropping my token on the ground.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2004, 9:31 PM   #33

The cookie logs you in automatically when you enter the site. When you simply "X" out of the site (close the window) you are still logged in and are essentially tying up one space until the auto timeout feature detects no activity from you for whaterver the set time period is and then logs you off.

You can verify that you are not "always" logged in by hitting the log out button and then it should simply say "log in". Once you switch pages or probably visit the main page your cookie will most likely kick in again and auto log you in.

I can not say this is 100% accurate for this site but I believe it is generally how log in sites operate.
PKchopper is offline   Reply With Quote