Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 8, 2004, 11:54 AM   #1
Default buying a camera in the u.s

i live in the u.k and can you or do you no any web sites that would ship a cam to the u,k? and is that wise? as they are cheaper in the u.s.a
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2004, 6:59 PM   #2

You can do it, but you risk not having the warrenty being honored.

You also (technically) have to pay the VAT when you get it delivered... so you still get wacked. I believe that some times they will even stop the delivery at customs and charge you the vat (holding the camera until you pay.)

You also risk having slight differences in the camera (like distances being displayed in feet instead of meters) and the TV out being NTSC and not PAL.

If you can deal with all of that, I think that B&H photo will ship to the UK, but I'm not sure.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2004, 9:23 PM   #3

Another site that ships international is wolfcamera.com. They are reputable, but in my opionion their prices seem to always be on the higher end of the price range.
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2004, 1:25 AM   #4

www.pc-cameras.com in Ontario Canada ships to the UK, pc-cameras is a division (internet sales) of Carmens Foto Source, a company that has over 20 stores in Ontario. Rob Farrell, who heads up the online sales has been employed by Carmens for close to 25 years. They are great people to deal with, upfornt, honest, and I have found their prices good. I have purchased things from them several times and have had absolutely no complaints. Drop him an email at info@pc-cameras.com
Good people to deal with...

Snowdrggn is offline   Reply With Quote