Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:40 PM   #1

Default Sony DSC H5 camera-Index

Hope someone can help. I seemed to have lost my Index feature to my old Sony H5 camera. Perhaps I clicked or pressed on something to make it disappear but I can't find anywhere to fix it or bring back on my cam LCD.

Please help.Been a while since my last post.

Thanks much.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:27 PM   #2

Perhaps should have said that I do get the single image screen and can advance to succeeding images but no Index screen with the nine small images. Thanks.

Picsgalore.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:36 PM   #3

Not sure how the Sony works, but with my Minolta, you advance the single images using the right arrow button, and get to the index by using the left arrow.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:52 PM   #4

VTphotog,

brian, I believe the Sony is the same if I understand you correctly. But arrow buttons only work with the single frame and advance to next picture. I had recently deleted a boatload of pictures off the cam card and took about 4 new pictures afterwards. Then I lost the Index. Any chance it needs nine images minimum in order to work? Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. Will post results Sunday.

Thanks for responding.

pics.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:57 PM   #5

Default Forgot again.

Meant to mention that when I use the left and right arrow it magnifies or decreases the picture size in the LCD screen.

pics.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:42 PM   #6

Follow up to my post yesterday. Appears having nine or more pictures in cam memory does not help or cause the Index to work! It was just a non tech try.

Since I hardly ever used, if at all, I won't miss not having it. Thanks again VTphotog.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:09 PM   #7

Took a look at Steve's review of the camera. It appears that the 4-way controller isn't what selects the index mode, but rather the lens zoom control, when you are in review mode. If the lens zooms properly, but the index mode doesn't work, I would suspect a glitch in the firmware. Try resetting to factory defaults to see if it corrects the problem.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:30 PM   #8

VTphotog,

brian, I sent an email to Sony Support for help and will post results asap.

I must have been in a hurry but the arrows I was talking about are the lens Wide/Tele (zoom control) above the 4 way controller. They magnify or not when in review mode. I advance/retract to the next image with the controller arrows (left or right). You are probably right re the firmware. Thanks very much again. Sorry to mislead you.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:04 AM   #9

VTphotog,

brian, want you to know I received a reply from Sony with answer to my problem I hope. They agree with your diagnosis re firmware. They included some instructions and I need to try it all out later as busy today.
I'll post some time in future in new thread so you won't need to stay signed onto this one.

Thanks very much for your help.

Pics